Saturday, March 07, 2009

Spring in Las Vegas

Today has turned out to be a beautiful spring day here in Las Vegas, as you can see from these pictures taken in my backyard. I’m not sure what kind of bird this yellow fellow is (I think he’s a finch). He was busily snatching the blossoms from the plum tree, eating whatever it is he likes, then letting the pink and maroon petals swirl to the ground.

The lovely day helps make up for the fact that I didn’t make the Hamilton Island shortlist (See “The Aussie Job,” below). Now, all hope is not lost. One lucky person out of the 33,000+ who didn’t make the first cut will get a Wild Card spot based on votes received on the website. Here’s my link:

http://www.islandreefjob.com/#/applicants/watch/D8rOg45_hig

While you’re there, check out the short-listed applicants’ videos. I like my video, and I know I’d do a wonderful job for those nice Australians, but I must say that the 50 people they picked were pretty dang impressive.

I think I’ll go out and enjoy this amazing spring day.

No comments: