Friday, December 12, 2014

Vegas Girl Flashback Photo Friday - Christmas and Old Vegas

Christmas in Las Vegas isn't all about glitzy displays on the Strip.


In 2011, my family and I staycationed at Lake Las Vegas over Thanksgiving. The Saturday after the holiday, Christmas decorations were out everywhere, including all over this boat at the Lake Mead Boat Harbor, which is obviously depicting Santa stashing presents for delivery on December 25 (and taking a break from the cold).
Merry Christmas, and don't sit on the boat.

When I went looking for my radio piece on KNPR about Christmas lights in Las Vegas, I found something surprising--a kind of cosmic Christmas gift--a recording my mom, Barbara Hudson, made in 2002 for KNPR's "Making Nevada Home" about celebrities in Old Vegas and the Vegas of the 60s, including a story about when I met Phyllis Diller

Have you been out to look at any Christmas lights, or seen any celebrities lately? I read somewhere that Nick Cage sightings are a thing these days.

No comments: