Monday, September 02, 2013

Weekend Adventures In & Around Las Vegas

At the end of July, my family and I had no vacation plans. And no plans to make vacation plans.


Instead, we focused on maximizing our August weekends.

We rode Lee Canyon's scenic skilift ride
Oh yes, there's a story about the ski lift ride.



We checked out the Vegas StrEATS food truck festival in Downtown Las Vegas.
Vegas StrEATS is fun, but why can't we have tables at a food truck festival?

My son and I took a daycation to Balboa Park, the historic, beautiful, museum-filled San Diego park.
California Tower and Alcazar Garden 

We've been off-roading, to the movies, and out to eat (I love restaurants), and my son and I even snuck in an afternoon at the bookstore.

There's only one thing I miss about taking a traditional vacation: room service. If we could work that out, I'd be very happy. 
#

Have you taken a vacation or a daycation this summer? 
_____________________
All pictures by Terrisa Meeks. (You can see more of my San Diego, Mt. Charleston, and Vegas StrEATS pictures on my flickr page.)

No comments: